Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn
|Roheryn ni Galghandhrei t'al'Djinn|
|Real Name||C. J.|
|Title||Head of Ajah & Membership Activities Coordinator|
|Join Date||April 26, 2011|
|Bonded to||Ty al'Djinn|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: April 26, 2011
- Joined Tower: November 30, 2011
- Raised Accepted: April 13, 2012
- Aspired to the Green Ajah: June 3, 2012
- Raised Aes Sedai: March 9, 2013
- Head of the Green Ajah: January 1, 2019 - present
- Membership Activities Coordinator: July 16, 2017 - present
- Friendly Face Team: September 16, 2014 - present
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: Fall 2018 (October 1, 2018 - January 1, 2019)
- Heart of the Green Ajah: April 1, 2017 - September 30, 2017
- Head of the Green Ajah: July 2, 2015 - December 31, 2016
- Green Ibis: March 1, 2014 - 2015
- Sitter for the Green Ajah: Spring 2015
- Welcome Committee: July 6, 2012 - January 11, 2013
- Outreach Activities Team: July 1, 2012 - January 15, 2013
- Members' Choice Award: Outstanding Junior Member Involvement (Female) - 2013
- Most Helpful Green Award - Annual Green Awards - 2017
- Green Ambassador Award - Annual Green Awards - 2017
- Green Creation Award - Annual Green Awards - 2017
- Green Ambassador Award - Annual Green Awards - 2015
Other Tower Relationships
- First Sister
- Fall Ball 2012 - New York City, New York, USA
- Anniversary Party 2013 - Fenton, Michigan, USA
- Anniversary Party 2014 - Angelus Oaks, California, USA - 4th Place Overall, Amyrlin's Tournament
- Anniversary Party 2015 - Red Top Mountain State Park, Cartersville, Georgia, USA
- Anniversary Party 2017 - Estes Park, Colorado, USA
- Anniversary Party 2018 - Gooding, Idaho, USA
April 6, 2017
- Ajah Questions
Why did you choose Green?
I am Green. The ideals and values of the Green Ajah resonate with me in a way none of the others do. I’ve always been a passionate person, some may have called it obsessive, but if I do something, I do it with my whole heart. Even if that means breaking my heart in the end, I do it anyway, then pick up the pieces and move on.
Are you like the Greens in the books? Do you like to have fun with men? Are you a fierce warrior?
I don’t think that I’m very much like the book Greens, certainly not in terms of “having fun with men”. But I do like to think that I’m a fierce warrior when I have to be. I’d rather avoid conflicts if I don’t have to confront them, I don’t want to waste energy. But if I can’t avoid them, I will be there, and I will fight.
Do you have a favorite Green Ajah character from the novels?
Not really, I don’t pick favorites very well...
- Book Questions
How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I’ve been reading WoT since middle school, I want to say I started them in about 2004 ish?
How did you first get into the series?
When we visited a cousin in OK years ago she recommended them to me. Then a few years later I mom came back from a garage sale with a brand new hardcover book, the dust jacket in perfect condition, so happy that she’d only paid two bucks for it…. It was Winter’s Heart. So I told her I had to get the other eight first!
Who is your favorite "hero"?
Lan has always been my favorite, from the very beginning.
Favorite bad guy/gal?
Favorite book and scene?
I almost don’t see them as separate books sometimes, they all blur together into one big story for me, so I don’t think I could pick a favorite. If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain? I’ve imagined myself in the series in different roles at different times. It depends on my mood, if I’m rereading the series and what part of it I’m on, etc.
- General Questions
How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I don’t remember exactly how I found TV.net. I found it a few years before I actually joined. But coming up with a last name, and finding an avatar to fit the requirements seemed like too much hassle. But when the forum that I frequented at the time decided to shut down, I remembered TV.net and decided to give it a try. The people are what convinced me to stay.
What do you do in "real life"?
I am a bookseller at Barnes & Noble and I train horses. I eventually want to retrain off the track Thoroughbreds all the time.
Do you have any hobbies?
My hobbies are sewing and horses. I sew fantasy inspired things and I do cross-stitch.
What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
I’m a country girl. I love prime country. I also enjoy Broadway music and movie soundtracks.
What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
My favorite movies are My Cousin Vinny and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I also really enjoy anything Lilo and Stitch. My favorite TV show is M*A*S*H. It is closely followed by Xena.
Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
I have a lot of favorite books, it may be easier to list my favorite authors. They include, in no particular order; J.R.R. Tolkien, Jennifer Roberson, Alan Dean Foster, Anne McCaffrey, Elizabeth Moon, Kevin Hearne, Anna Sewell, Brandon Sanderson, Terry Brooks, Garth Nix, and Tamora Pierce.
What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
As I kid, I wanted to grow up to be a horseback rider. When I was told that I couldn’t do that, I spent a few years wanting to be an archaeologist. Until I found out I had been lied to and totally could make horses a profession.