External Marketing Coordinator
The External Marketing Coordinator (EMC) was responsible for marketing TarValon.Net to non-members (i.e. external marketing). The EMC would work with many other staff on the site as needed, including the Graphics Development Team, the Tower Voices, the Department of Technology, and the Department of Community Outreach.
Position Level: Staff
Department: Department of Marketing
Rotation: Non rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Unknown
Chain of Command
The External Marketing Manager reported to the Director of Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities
- Worked with the Department of Technology to improve TarValon.Net's SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Worked with the Tower Voices to optimize our use of Twitter and Facebook
- Worked with the Director of Marketing and Marketing Project Manager to invent and implement marketing strategies to expand our member base
- Must have been able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Activity level: 5+ hours on the boards per week, ideally 5-10 hours.
- Must have been a member of TarValon.Net for at least 6 months
- Must have experience with either marketing or SEO (or both).
- Skills in any of the following areas are a plus: HTML/CSS, graphic design, illustration, visual arts.
The position was discontinued with the creation of the Social Marketing Team.
External Marketing Coordinators
- Vacant: July 16, 2014 - April 1, 2015
- Loreniel Killan: June 7, 2011 - July 16, 2014