The Event Historian is a staff position in the Department of Research and Records. It is responsible for collecting and maintaining information on events and conferences in the TarValon.Net Library, and works closely with the Department of Events and Conferences.
Department: Department of Research and Records
Position Level: Staff
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Staff Merit
Chain of Command
The Events Historian reports directly to the Director of Research and Records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively maintains information on events and conferences in the TarValon.Net Library.
- Record details of our official events and conferences as they move through planning stages and after they occur.
- Create a stub page for parties when the location is announced.
- Add details as they are released on the forums via official posts, e.g. dates, schedule, packet, etc.
- Update after the party with pictures, reviews, final attendee list, tournament winners, bondings, raisings, fundraisers, etc.
- Wherever possible, update past event pages with the same details.
- Follow established guidelines for editing the Library wiki.
- Must possess discretion, as they may have access to working dates or event details before they are ready to be made public knowledge.
- Have approximately 2 hours per week to dedicate to finding and posting updates, although some weeks may require more or less time.
- Anyone of any rank or position may apply. Must have been a member of the site for at least 6 months.
- Have a working knowledge of wiki coding, or the ability to pick said knowledge up quickly. Familiarity with the site Library is preferable.
- Good English written communication skills with attention to consistent language and grammar.
- Attending events personally can be an advantage in this role, but networking with others to collect information is more important. It is not expected that the Events Historian would spend their time at an party following up on the various events that take place to gather the information.
- Alexstrasza Ruskea: July 27, 2019 - present