Director of Technology
This position is a Director, and as such is an Executive. Whoever fills this position is responsible for running the Department of Technology, meeting the technical needs of the administration and community including keeping our message boards and site functional, among others.
Position Level: Executive
Rotation: Non-rotating position
Merit Eligibility: Executive Merit
Chain of Command
The Director of Technology reports to the Keeper.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as an Executive and give advice to the Amyrlin Seat and Keeper both in your Department and on site-wide issues as needed.
- Project management for all technical aspects relating to our site and boards and act as a supervisor for Department staff, including handling personnel issues such as disputes, hiring, firing, etc.
- Come up with and implement new technical ideas for the community.
- Oversee our server administration.
- Must be able to recruit and train technical talent; must be able to assign tasks to staff members and make sure they are completed. The ideal candidate is one who can manage and communicate with our technical staff in working towards ongoing site improvement; an ability and willingness to learn what you do not already know, plus strong leadership skills, is a must.
- Must be able to spot areas that are in need of improvement and come up with solutions/recommendations.
- Must be trustworthy, organized and a self-starter.
- Must be willing and able to spend 15 hours a week or more handling Department and technical issues.
- Must be able to respond to requests from other Directors/admins in a timely manner.
- Must be a Senior Member for at least one year and must be a member in good standing
- Must have a broad knowledge of technical issues, particularly those related to web programming, servers, and hosting.
The position was created in June 2006 as Director of the Department of Information Technology, which was renamed in 2007.
Directors of the Department of Technology
- Deoan Kakarot: September 5, 2017 - present