Author: Atarah al'Norahn
Be'lal was named Duram Laddel Cham before he turned to the Shadow. In the early years of the War of Power, he fought against the Shadow at Lews Therin Telamon's side. Later, due to his envy of Lews Therin, he turned to the Dark One and became one of the Forsaken (TDR, Ch. 50). According TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5, he went over to the Shadow during the Collapse. Before the War of Power, Be'lal represented people in courts of law (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
- During the War of Power, Be'lal fights first against the Shadow, and then for the Shadow (TDR, Ch. 50; Ch. 55).
- Be'lal is sealed into the Bore along with the other Forsaken (TWoRJTWoT, Ch. 5).
Be'lal was jealous of Lews Therin Telamon. It is said that this is the reason he turned over to the Shadow (TDR, Ch. 50).
- Mat dreams of Be'lal weaving nets around Egwene, Elayne, and Nynaeve, as well as Moiraine (TDR, Ch. 49).
- Be'lal was a master of the sword (TDR, Ch. 50).
- One of the things he is remembered for is his part in the razing of the Hall of the Servants (TDR, Ch. 55).
- Alviarin has been visited by Be'lal (ACoS, Prologue).
- Aran'gar thinks to herself that Asmodean and Sammael must be as dead as Be'lal and Rahvin (KoD, Ch. 3).
"You do not remember me, do you? I do not remember you, either, looking this way. A country lad with a flute case on his back. Did Ishamael speak the truth? He was ever one to lie when it gained him an inch or a second. Do you remember nothing, Lews Therin?" (Be'lal to Rand; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55)
"Once we rode to war side by side, and for that I give you a chance. A bare chance, but a chance to save yourself, a chance to save those three I mean to make my pets. Take the sword, country man. Perhaps it will be enough to help you survive me." (Be'lal to Rand; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55)
"Take it! Take Callandor! Three thousand years, while I lay imprisoned, it has waited there. For you. One of the most powerful sa'angreal we ever made. Take it, and defend yourself, if you can!" (Be'lal to Rand; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55)
"You were a greater swordsman once, Lews Therin. Do you remember when we took that tame sport called swords and learned to kill with it, as the old volumes said men once had? Do you remember even one of those desperate battles, even one of our dire defeats? Of course not. You remember nothing, do you? This time you have not learned enough. This time, Lews Therin, I will kill you." (Be'lal to Rand; The Dragon Reborn, Chapter 55)