Author: Annouk Vinkona Ùlfanna
He is described as being "a graying slender man with a long-smoldering temper" (TFoH, Ch. 45). Even with his slow-burning temper, he is shocked when Rand asks that Tairen and Cairhienin nobility sort themselves according to rank, mixing both nationalities together. He swears fealty to Rand after Lord Dobraine of Cairhien (TFoH, Ch. 46).
- Aracome is sent to Cairhien under High Lord Meilan (TSR, Ch. 21).
- Aracome attends a gathering of all Tairen and Cairhien nobility. Aracome swears fealty to Rand (TFoH, Ch. 46).
- At a smaller audience, Rand questions whether the Tairen High Lords have obeyed his orders to send their soldiers back to Tear from Cairhien. They become visibly uncomfortable (TFoH, Ch. 51).
- Aracome is to meet up with Sarene, Aes Sedai of the White Ajah, who is part of Elaida's embassy in Cairhien (LoC, Ch. 25).
- Aracome and other Tairen High Lords accompany Rand in Illian after "Lord Brend" has been killed and Illian captured (TPoD, Ch. 13; Ch. 21).
- Aracome dies in one of the first battles against the Seanchan. Min's viewing is fulfilled (TPoD, Ch. 23).
Rand sends only the High Lords whom he doesn't trust to Cairhien. High Lords Meilan, Aracome, and the others were the ones who plotted against Rand when he was in Tear. He wants to distract them by sending them elsewhere (TFoH, Ch. 45).
"Only blade-slender Aracome showed no outward emotion, but then he almost always kept his anger well banked until ready to let it burst into flame." (Rand about Aracome at an audience in Cairhien; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 46)
"Your example is a good one, Meilan, isn't it? And yours, Aracome? If I ride out tomorrow, I won't find a thousand Defenders of the Stone camped ten miles south who were supposed to be on their way back to Tear two days ago, will I? Or two thousand armsmen from Tairen Houses?" (Rand to Meilan and Aracome questioning their loyalty; The Fires of Heaven, Chapter 51)