|Location||Madison, WI, USA|
|Join Date||March 4, 2011|
|Link to Forum Profile|
- Joined TarValon.Net: March 4, 2011
- Joined Tower: June 10, 2011
- Raised Accepted: September 24, 2011
- Aspired to the Yellow Ajah: January 6, 2012
- Raised Aes Sedai: November 24, 2012
- Tea Cozy of the Yellow Ajah: July 2, 2012 - December 2014
- Heart of the Yellow Ajah: July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014
- Sitter for the Yellow Ajah:
- Merit Minion: December 7, 2011 - December 1, 2012
- Outreach Activities Team: Janaury 1, 2012 - June 30, 2012
- Classroom Teacher:
- Borderlands: January 2012 - July 2012
- Library Editor
Other Tower Relationships
Official Event Attendance
Senior Member Interview
- Why did you choose Yellow?
I don't know if I can really give an answer. It felt so right, even in the first few hours of guesting in Yellow. I had loved every other Ajah I had guested with, but when I hit Yellow, I knew I could never leave!
- Are you like the Yellows in the Books? Do you care for people and love to heal things?
I do love to fix things! Puzzles and enigmas are a big draw for me! And as for healing: I'm going to school for nursing so I guess that's a yes!
- Do you have a favorite Yellow Ajah character from the novels?
That would have to be Suana. She is unielding and firm, and does not hide her manipulation. I love how she wants to take the tower in hand and fix everything with the other heads of Ajahs. I guess I just love how blunt she is and so sure of herself.
- How long have you been a fan of the Wheel of Time series?
I read the Eye of the World in 2004 as a sophomore in college and once I finally got through the first 100 pages, I couldn't stop. I made it through most of the books until my junior year when I shockingly discovered the other books hadn't been written yet! Worst bookstore trip EVER!
- How did you first get into the series?
At the time, my twin sister was dating a total deadbeat, but his one redeeming quality was recommending the books!
- Who is your favorite "hero"?
Mat. Team Mat, all the way!
- Favorite bad guy/gal?
I've always liked Lanfear, even when she was the luscious yet whiny Cynadne.
- Favorite book and scene?
Favorite book would probably be The Shadow Rising. I love the Aiel and their culture!!! Favorite scene would probably be any scene in which Nynaeve is kicking forsaken butt!
- If you were set down in Randland, who/what would you see yourself as? An Aes Sedai? Innkeeper? Seanchan Captain?
I don't know if I'm brash enough to be an Aes Sedai. To be honest, they tick me off in the books. I would much prefer to be a Wise One!
- How did you find TarValon.Net and what convinced you to stay and become a Senior Member?
I first found it in 2005 when a friend and I were on the phone googling Wheel of Time. She found it first, but I joined. I think I made it to citizen when finals hit. I disappeared but came back in March of 2010 when I was doing a re-read. I decided to stay when I met some people in real life, mainly Aavyn!
- What do you do in "real life"?
I'm a student working towards a nursing degree.
- Do you have any hobbies?
I love to knit and crochet. I also love anything outdoors. Hiking, camping, canoeing... LOVE IT!
- What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?
Symphonic music! Especially Romantic composers. Guess that's a throwback from my worthless music degree!
- What are some of your favorite movies / television shows?
Not really into television, but I do enjoy a little Dexter!
- Aside from The Wheel of Time, what are a few of your favorite books/series?
The Malazan Empire series, Anne McCaffrey's Dragon series (Well, pretty much anything she ever wrote), and the Green Riders series.
- What profession did you want to have when you were a kid?
I wanted to be a nurse of a teacher, and after the teaching tanked, I'm on to nursing!